City of Visalia has declared a State of Emergency in response to the past weekend's storm and in anticipation of another storm forecasted to hit early tomorrow morning.
What does this state of emergency mean? Visit https://bit.ly/visaliaemergency to read more.
How to Prepare:
• Utilize the City of Visalia Dry Center available at the Visalia Transit Center Lobby, located at 425 E. Oak Ave. The Dry Center is open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. through Wednesday, March 15.
• For those needing overnight accommodations, the Visalia Warming Center is open from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. through Saturday, March 18, located at 701 E. Race Ave.
• The City of Visalia has a 24-hour self-serve sand station available for Visalia residents at the Visalia Corporation Yard on Cain Street, between Goshen and Main. Residents must bring their own shovel, but sand and sandbags are available at the station. Bags are limited to eight per household.
• Limit unnecessary travel but ensure your car’s fuel tank is full.
• Prepare your household by ensuring you have water, non-perishable food, and cash on hand.
• Create a communication plan for your family.
• Unplug any devices at your home if flooding is anticipated near you. Ensure any portable charging devices are fully charged before rain begins.
• Prepare important documents in one place and have them easily accessible.
• Move important or valuable items off the floor of your home to higher areas such as shelves or overhead space if possible.
• If you have a pet, ensure you have a stock of food for them and a plan in place for their care.
Sign up for text alerts by texting VISALIA to +18447137830 to be notified of updates immediately.