General Contest Rules
KJUG RADIO GENERAL CONTEST RULES
1. These rules apply to all KJUG contests, but individual contests may have specialized rules that make exceptions to the general rules. In that case, the individual contest rules govern.
2. You do not have to buy anything or pay money to enter a KJUG contest. Some contests may require your presence at a commercial location where products and services are sold. All KJUG contests are void where prohibited by law.
3. You must be a legal U.S. resident to be eligible to win. Individual contests often have age limits. You are not eligible to win if you are an employee, volunteer, or staff member of KJUG, a record label or program supplier to KJUG, an employee of any other radio station in the Bakersfield/Visalia/Fresno market, an advertiser on KJUG, or a member of the household of any such person. One household may win only once every 30 days and only once a year for prizes worth $600 or more. One household may also win only once a year a prize of extraordinary value that cannot be accurately represented by a cash value. Such prizes will be determined at the discretion of the programming staff of KJUG, which decision is always final and may not be disputed in any court. Examples of extraordinary prizes include, but are not limited to, backstage introductions, sound check parties or “meet-and-greets” with KJUG artists. If a contest is not legal in any state, residents of that state may not participate. Contest winners will be required to complete a release form providing winner information, including address and social security number for tax reporting.
4. If you initiate a telephone call to KJUG to be in a contest, you agree that your call may be recorded and broadcast either live or at a later date and that KJUG may announce your name and use your voice on the air but is not obligated to do so.
5. Some contests involve the discretion of judges, and you may not agree with the outcome. However, the decision of the judges is always final, and neither the outcome nor the judging method may be contested in any court.
6. KJUG may substitute another prize of equal value and is not responsible if a sponsor offering a prize fails to provide it. Winners may not transfer prizes to another person, and may not demand a cash substitute.
7. Winners may be notified by telephone, mail, or on the air. Winners may be required to claim their prize in person, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., at 700 East Mineral King, Visalia, CA. Winners must claim prizes within 30 business days of being notified, or the prize will be forfeited. Some individual contest rules specify shorter claim periods. Valid California ID is required to claim any prizes. Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more must provide their Social Security number for reporting to the Internal Revenue Service before the prize is delivered. Minimum prize winning age is 16 unless otherwise specified in individual contest rules. In the event a prize is won by any entrant who is under 18 years of age, such entrant’s parent or legal guardian will be deemed the winner for all purposes herein.
8. KJUG is not responsible for any damages or injuries that may occur, directly or indirectly, with regard to the award, use or delivery of any prize. Winners and guests, if applicable, may be required to sign a liability and publicity release form before receiving any prize.
9. KJUG reserves the right to amend or change contest rules after giving notice on the air.
10. With respect to any entries received online or by telephone, neither KJUG nor any of its agencies are responsible for any telephone, technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures, malfunctions, or disconnects of any kind, or misdirected, illegible, incomplete, stolen or garbled, fragmented, or delayed Internet/email computer transmissions or network/ISP/Website/or internet accessibility.
Individual contest rules are posted separately at KJUG.com